Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rocky Raccoon cont...





The RR 50/100 miler was an interesting experience. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to plan on running all day and all night. I couldn't get out and run the course since I have 2 sprained ankles.I saw how I did not prepare correctly for the day. People had tents ,chairs, blankets, BBQ's etc. I just showed up and sat on the ground. Sean looked good the 1st lap. After waiting close to 3 hours for him to complete the 2nd lap, I knew he was in trouble. There were a lot of people planning on walking the entire 50 miles...yikes!!! I knew he didn't want to walk the last 16 so we called it a day. There's only so much you can do after your body starts to cramp everywhere . Forcing yourself to go on in pain for hours is just going to cause future issues.
The park was nice and the runners really friendly. There seems to be a lot of camaraderie at these ultras which is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment