Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mt. Audubon


Today I hiked up Mt.Audubon with Leslie and her friends,elevation 13,300 ft. She is training for Pikes Peak Marathon which is in August. Leslie and her friend Andy jogged up and I tried to jog where I could and power walk the other parts. I went up a little too fast and got a massive headache and very dizzy from the altitude change. This pic is the top and you can see the weather was starting to get a little iffy so we couldn't hangout long. When you're above tree line and there's a chance of lightening, it best to get down asap. Near the bottom as we headed down the storm rolled in and there was thunder all around. I stated running to get down faster since I had a hiking pole that would be a great lightening rod. Great day ,great workout. I did wonder about the man we saw starting up the mt. with a big metal baby carrier on his back and a baby in it. People do some "funny" things.

No comments:

Post a Comment